LED headlights can brighten the road without blinding oncoming drivers. This is just one of the many benefits of having LED headlights installed in your vehicle. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when driving at night. Here are five tips to help you drive safely at night with your LED headlights.
- Don’t forget to turn your lights on – If you have daytime running lights in your vehicle, you may not realize your headlights aren’t on because the LEDs are pretty bright.
- Check your lights in well-lit areas – When leaving a well-lit parking lot, you may not realize you only have your running lights on until you get out onto the main road.
- Remember that your dashboard lights are always on – If you drove an older car for a while and just upgraded to a newer vehicle, keep in mind that the dash lights are always on, not just when your headlights are on.
- Use your automatic headlight setting – Newer vehicles will automatically shut the lights for you a minute after you turn the car off and will turn them on when you start it up. If you have this setting, use it so that you never leave your lights on by accident or forget to turn them on at night.
- Alert other drivers to their lights being off – If you pass a driver who has his or her lights off, give yours a quick flash. Most drivers know this as a signal that they forgot to turn their lights on.
Professionally Installed LED Lighting for Your Vehicle
We hope this list helps you to drive safe with your LED lights. If you don’t have LED lights and would like to have some professionally installed in the San Diego area, contact Soundiego now by calling 619-581-5577, or request a quote via our website.