A remote car starter adds tons of convenience, but there are some myths that cause people to avoid aftermarket ones. Let’s debunk some of those myths to help you make an informed decision.
- Myth 1: Now I Have to Carry Another Key Fob – You can operate most remote starters with a phone app. Also, if you have a modern car alarm system, the remote car starter is usually integrated.
- Myth 2: It’s Better to Get a Factory Remote Starter – Aftermarket systems often have a better range than factory remote starters, allowing you to start your car from even further away.
- Myth 3: There’s No Point If I Live Somewhere With Little Winter – This gets San Diego car owners a lot. The fact is that you will also be happy to turn your car on (and your air conditioning) remotely.
- Myth 4: I Can’t Get One Because I Have a Manual Transmission – Many remote starters can also work with manual transmission cars. You just have to make sure the car is in neutral with the parking brake engaged when you get out.
- Myth 5: I Can Install It Myself – Please do not try to install your own remote car starter!
Car Alarm System and Remote Car Starter Installation in San Diego
Soundiego is known for selling and installing the best car alarm systems in southern California, most of which feature a remote engine starter. Call us today at 619.582.5577 to learn more, or you can request a quote online.