No one wants to exit their home, workplace, or a store to find that their car has been broken into, or worse – it is just plain gone! These five tips are your best defense against auto theft and break-ins.
- Park in your garage – Theis provides an extra layer of defense for your vehicle. If you have a garage, use it for your car rather than storage.
- Don’t leave valuables visible – If someone is looking for a quick score, they are going to smash the window of a car with something of value in sight. They won’t want to take the chance of getting caught unless they know there is a payday.
- Lock your car and roll up the windows every time you get out – Even if you are just running into your house, a store, or some other location for a minute, thieves look for this type of opportunity.
- Park in well-lit areas – Try to park right under a security light or in a location where you know there are security cameras. Thieves are less likely to go after a visible car where there will be plenty of evidence.
- Get a car alarm system professional installed – Car alarms are more than just a deterrent. Modern alarm systems can kill the ignition or even help authorities to track a stolen vehicle.