In the US, about 2 cars are stolen per minute. That’s a mind-blowing statistic, but there are a few things you can do to make sure you don’t become a part of it. Here are 5 tips for decreasing the likelihood of your vehicle being broken into.
- Always lock your car and roll up the windows when you get out. Many thieves are opportunists and are looking for the easiest vehicle to get into.
- Park in a well-lit area. Criminals like the darkness because it decreases their chances of getting caught. Make sure that if someone is going to try and jack your ride, they have to do it in broad daylight and in front of people.
- Don’t leave valuables visible. Someone doesn’t have to take your car to get your phone out of the cupholder. It’s a quick smash and grab Putting valuables out of site may save you the headache of a broken window and the loss of your item.
- Get a car alarm system – This goes back to thieves being opportunists. It’s always easier to take the car that isn’t visibly protected by anti-theft devices.
- Install an immobilizer system. Most car thieves hotwire the car, but an immobilizer can shut off the fuel system and leave the crook sitting there with no way to drive and your alarm blaring for everyone to hear.
Your Car Alarm Installation Experts in San Diego
If you live in the San Diego area, we’ve made it simple to remember where to go for all of your car upgrades including car alarm system installation – Soundiego. Our experts can turn your car into an entertainment machine, boost its aesthetic appeal, and protect it from unsavory individuals with our stellar installation services. Put our installation experience to work for you by calling 619-582-5577, dropping by our San Diego shop, or requesting your quote online.